|Title:||Africa Regional Deployment Unit Manager|
|Job Type:||Exempt - International|
Africa Regional Deployment Unit Manager
Reference Code: HR – 27/2013
RSC Africa seeks qualified applicants for the Africa Regional Deployment Unit (ARDU) Manager position.
Reports to: Director of RSC Africa
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting Salary: $40,000
Please click the below link to apply directly online to this position.
This position is open to international applicants.
Please note RSC Africa does not accept resumes for positions that are not posted. All applicants are required to submit their resume using the on-line applicant tracking system.
Please clearly demonstrate in your application materials how you meet the required education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
Screening: Applications will be screened on a continual basis until a candidate has been identified.
The Resettlement Support Center (RSC) Africa operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration. RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases. RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
This position is responsible for the management of the Africa Regional Deployment Unit. This includes coordination with RSC Operations, Regional Refugee Coordinator and UNHCR to determine strategic use of deployments to increase referrals to the USRAP in Africa, as well as the management of staff assigned.
- Manage the allocation of deployees to UNHCR offices throughout Sub-Saharan Africa
- Develop deployment plans to strategically use resources to maximize referrals to the USRAP
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the USRAP and refugee situations throughout Sub-Saharan Africa
- Coordinate with the Director, Deputy Director for Operations, and Field Team Coordinator as well as the US Refugee Coordinator and UNHCR to determine appropriate locations for deployments.
- Develop Terms of Reference for deployees in coordination with UNHCR
- Develop and provide training for deployees prior to deployments and staff development between deployments
- Monitor and evaluate deployment program to ensure operational success
- Coordinate with Finance and Director on program budget design, management, and tracking
- Oversee and manage ARDU staff, hiring as needed
- Develop and update departmental standard operating procedures
- Prepare reports, both quantitative and qualitative, about the outputs and benefits of the deployment scheme
- Travel throughout the region for monitoring and deployment, as needed
- Participate in Nairobi-based deployments
- Other duties as assigned by RSC management
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
Three to five years relevant work experience. Supervisory experience required. Program management experience required. Experience working with partner organizations, including governments and international organizations required. Experience with overseas processing or US refugee resettlement experience preferred. Experience working overseas preferred. Experience conducting trainings or presentations preferred. Experience reporting and monitoring and evaluation experience preferred.
Knowledge of International Refugee Law required; knowledge of Sub-Saharan Africa refugee situations preferred. Thorough knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program preferred.
Excellent writing skills
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Excellent computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office
Ability to work as part of team in a multi-cultural environment
Ability to manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities
Ability to represent RSC Africa with partners
Ability to maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail
Ability to travel in Sub-Saharan Africa
Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times to represent the professional and institutional interests of Church World Service/Resettlement Support Center Africa
Ability to contribute to a team effort to implement the US Refugee Admissions Program in Sub-Saharan Africa